CNDB is looking for partnering organisations from Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein for the second edition of our educational programme, the Academy of Dance and Performance CNDB (2022-2024).
The Academy is an artistic formation programme in contemporary dance dedicated to young emerging dancers and performers, launched by CNDB in the 2019-2020 academic year.Throughout the program, participants attend a two-semester intensive training in contemporary dance techniques and practice in the creation process of new works that are presented on the stage of CNDB.
The first semester focuses on training and learning, based on a customized curriculum and with a corpus of trainers composed of international and local choreographers and pedagogues. It includes dance classes, workshops, research and individual study, as well as sessions of evaluation and feedback.
During the second semester, besides the teaching-training activity, the focus switches onto involving the young dancers in local artistic productions. Established Romanian and international artists are working with the students in new choreographic creations, produced by CNDB through this program.
The second edition of the Academy is scheduled to take place during 2022-2024 the academic years. In this respect, we are applying for funding with the RO-CULTURE EEA grants (https://www.ro-cultura.ro/en/calls/access-to-culture/call-2122-s2 – 2021 call to be published) and we are looking for partner organisations with experience in carrying out educational projects that want to take on the following:
- Identifying and enabling contracts with one or two experienced contemporary dance trainers to teach in Bucharest within the Academy for a period of 3-6 months;
- Hosting and organising an knowledge dissemination and exchange event of and work practices
We invite those interested to engage in a further dialogue in order to identify other ways of interaction and cooperation. If your organisation is interested in this partnership, please contact our Education & Formation Programme Coordinator, Ana Papadima, at [email protected]
Works produced within the first edition of the Academy, presented in the „Dance me to the End of…”(exercises, distances, approaches) programme:
- About You (a version) – ch. Vava Ștefănescu
- Less might be more, but sometimes less is just nothing – ch. Willy Prager
- Choreomaniacs – ch. Simona Deaconescu
- 8 Days a Week – ch. Eduard Gabia
- Pretend We Make You happy – ch. Andreea Novac
- Stars High in Amnesia’s Sky (reactivations) – ch. Mihai Mihalcea / Farid Fairuz
- A Place in Time / Omnia – ch. Jan Burkhardt & Sigal Zouk
- The Illusionists – ch. Mădălina Dan
- Outcome – ch. Manuel Pelmuș
For more information about the Academy for Dance and Performance CNDB, click here.