Call for applications : artist residency MAP, l’Ecole de Danse Contemporaine de Montréal (EDCM), Quebec
As part of their mobility program, the Pepinieres europeennes de Creation and the CALQ are launching a call for applications for an artist residency in Montreal, Quebec. For its 2019-2020 program, the Ecole de Danse Contemporaine de Montreal hosts a European artist for a two-month residency period.
Amount of the scholarship offered to the selected artist
The Quebec Council for Arts and Letters (CALQ) is offering a $ 4,000 CAD scholarship for a two-month residency (8 weeks) to the selected artist.
Deadline : 1st September 2019
This residence is one of the emulation activities put forward by EDCM in order to allow a significant opening to the world in the context of professional training. It allows our students as well as the young choreographer selected artistic encounters in unfamiliar lands, and causes cultural shocks and exchanges enriching and necessary in a context of globalization.
Proposed domain of expression for this residence
The choreographer in residence has 70 hours of creation spread between March 23 and May 23, 2020.
- Deadline for submission of files: 1st September 2019
- Number of selected files: 1
- Length of residency: 2 months
- Residency period: 23 March to 23 May 2020
For any additional information, do not hesitate to write to Jacques Urbanska at the following address: > object (important): Pepinieres EDCM2020
Artistic support and logistics
- Young choreographers in residence are integrated into the life of the school as well as all teachers: they will therefore benefit from pedagogical and artistic support.
- The choreographer is accompanied by a rehearsal director who ensures the rehearsals of the work beyond the period of creation.
- The School is responsible for the hiring and remuneration of lighting and costume designers and a technician for the production of a soundtrack.
The conditions offered
- The resident artist will be given a well-equipped apartment, in the center of Montreal, close to the studios of the residency program.
- A professional context of excellence (see below)
- A $ 2,000 CAD creation fee per month.
- The artist may submit additional funding applications, in which case he / she must do so independently;
*EDCM does not cover travel expenses, but undertakes to send you a letter of invitation that will eventually help you find, on your own additional help for your air tickets.
Expectations for the artist-in-residence
- The choreographer-in-residence is mandated to create an original 30-minute work for a group of 10 to 20 young dancers who are completing their professional training in contemporary dance.
- The created work will be presented publicly in a theater of the Wilder Dance Espace danse, from May 20 to 23, 2020, as part of the show Les danses de mai – Opus 2020.
- The call is aimed primarily at emerging professional artists up to 35 years of age (the concept of emerging artist is left to the discretion of the jury, which will be based primarily on the artist’s career more than on his age)
- The artist must be recognized by peers as a professional artist
- The artist must hold one of the European citizenships
- A complete file must be submitted according to the terms and conditions below
original article and more info here!