Following the partners meeting, Aerowaves announces Twenty23 artists. The 2023 line-up includes works from 16 countries and showcases an exciting and diverse selection of emerging dance makers working across Europe.
The selection process took place during Romaeuropa Festival at Mattatoio in Rome (Italy), hosted by Francesca Manica from 27 – 30 October. Aerowaves partners and dance professionals gathered in person to discuss hundreds of submitted works on video.
The Aerowaves Twenty23 artists are:
- Ioanna Paraskevopoulou with MOS, Greece
- Olga Dukhovnaya with Swan Lake solo, France
- Eva Recacha with Because I Can, UK
- BRABA plataform with Atlas da Boca (Atlas of the Mouth), Portugal
- Loraine Dambermont with Toujours de 3/4 face!, Belgium
- Boglárka Börcsök & Andreas Bolm with Figuring Age, Germany/Hungary
- Sebastian Abarbanell with HOME, Germany
- United Fall | Emma Martin with Birdboy, Ireland
- Leïla Ka with To cut loose, France
- Camilla Monga & Emanuele Maniscalco with In the Moment, Italy
- Structure-Couple with Believe, France
- Lovísa Ósk Gunnarsdóttir with When the Bleeding Stops, Iceland
- Ching-Ying Chien with Vulture, UK
- Mélissa Guex with Rapunzel, Switzerland
- Dominik Więcek with Café Müller, Poland
- Deyan Georgiev with Wired, Bulgaria
- Company Les Vagues with W̶E̶L̶COME, France
- Laura Cemin & Bianca Hisse with How the Land Lies, Finland & Norway
- Tamara Gvozdenovic & Kangding Ray with METRONOMIJA, Serbia
- Jean-Baptiste Baele with Nabinam, Norway
Save the date! The Twenty23 artists will present their work at the Spring Forward Festival from 27 – 29 April 2023 in Dublin (Ireland).