K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three paid eight-month residencies per season to choreographers, who are currently at the beginning of their career and have produced some choreographic work of their own. The residency begins in August and runs until April of the following year. The residency includes mentoring and dramaturgical, technical, and production related support. It moreover links the projects proposed by the choreographers in residence closely to the various other on-going programs of K3.
The goal of the residency is to develop and strengthen the connections between choreographic practice, research, artistic production, and qualification. The length of eight months should provide sufficient time and space for overcoming conventional rhythms of production and open up space for exchange with other artists and interested parties in order to receive new impulses and contacts. Over the course of the residency the three choreographers can each develop a full-length piece that is presented at the end of the residency on three evenings on the stages of Kampnagel.
For choreographers interested in applying to the residency programme, we offer two info zooms:
30 June – 10am (CET)
2 August – 5pm (CET)
Please register with your name and date: tanzplan[at]kampnagel.de
• The applicant must be at the beginning of their career and should have already implemented some projects of their own (outside of a university context).
• The applicant is available for the entire duration of the residency from August 2023 until April 2024 to stay in Hamburg.
• The applicant is willing to participate in K3’s outreach programme and other events at K3.
• The applicant is interested both in engaging in exchange with other artists, as well as with an interested audience.
• The applicant already has some experience in / is interested in dealing with choreography on a discursive level, reflecting their own work, as well as working in a self-organised manner.
• Only applications by individuals can be accepted. Applications by teams or ensembles cannot be taken into consideration.
• We accept applications in all choreographic fields (e.g. dance for young audience, public space) and from all nationalities. Applicants from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: August 11 2022
Application form available here
Article sourse and complete info here.