Practices of the self
- Part of BIDFF #5
- Short Films
The fifth edition of the Bucharest International Dance Film Festival, the only Romanian cinematographic initiative dedicated to dance movies, will take place between September 4 and September 8, in Bucharest.
PRACTICES OF THE SELF
Official BIDFF Competition (Romanian shorts)
This year, Romanian directors and choreographers meet in the intricate web of the self. They explore the daily turmoil, re-establishing the connection with their own bodies, discovering new ways towards inappropriate fantasies. Eight experimental shorts and an animation will make you wonder how to connect with yourself and with the environment you live in.
- WHEN NO ONE’S WATCHING (2’49’’, 2018, CA / RO, D/C: Teodora Zamfirescu)
- PENDULUM (5’, 2019, RO, D: Ioana Mischie)
- SINGING BODIES (3’38’’, 2018, RO, D: Lavinia Pollak, C: Valentina de Piante, Denis Bolborea)
- |DIS|CONNECTED (3’57’’, 2019, RO, D: Maria-Luiza Dimulescu, Cătălin Rugină, C: Maria-Luiza Dimulescu)
- RIVERƧE (04’06’’, 2019, RO, D: Daniel Dragoescu, C: Svitlana Pashko / Daniel Dragoescu)
- BOOT CAMP (5’18’’, 2019, RO, D/C: Camelia Neagoe)
- SOUP (4’50’’, 2019, RO, D: Corina Andrian, C: Mariana Gavriciuc, Beatrice Tudor)
- SINGURI ACASA / HOME ALONE (13’47’’, 2019, RO, D: Jean-Lorin Sterian, C: Carmen Coțofană)
- MTV IS MY FRIEND (outside competition, 6’33’’, 2019, RO, R: Radu Popovici)
Photography: Alina Ușurelu
Tangaj Dance Association
Administration of the National Cultural Fund
The project does not necessarily represent the position of The Administration of the National Cultural Fund. The Administration of the National Cultural Fund is not responsible for the content of the project or the manner in which the results of the project may be used. These are entirely the responsibility of the funding recipient.
National Center for Dance Bucharest, The Dance Archives, French Institute in Bucharest – Cinema Elvira Popesco, Peasant Museum, Fabrica, Fabrica Gastropub, Cervantes Institute in Bucharest, Apollo 111, LINOTIP – Independent Choreographic Center, Cinedans Amsterdam (Cinedans on Tour), Fiver International Screendance Movement.
With support from
National Center of Cinematography, Conceptual Lab, ADFR – Association for the Development of Romanian Film, DHL, Techir and Super – Festival of films made by teenagers.